This is our Signature program that seeks to support communities to use problem-solving processes that lead to more effective, equitable and sustainable solutions. Think of Research and Development, allowing communities to develop and test new solutions to community challenges. Ghands Inc provides Monthly workshops throughout the year to build on the leadership and organizational capacity of the community. We are only as strong as our community!
- Leadership Development
- Cultural Policy
- Public Policy
- Health Disparity
- Economic Development
- Immigration Policy
- Agriculture & Food Policy
- Educational Policy
- Income Inequality
- Economic Inequality
- Civic Engagement
- Investment Portfolio
Read More ?
Ghands Inc in partnership with other Agencies offers assistance with applications for U.S. citizenship. We have monthly workshops throughout the year for eligible applicants. At these workshops, participants get:
- Free assistance to complete the application for naturalization
- Free legal consultation with an immigration attorney
- Free information on how to apply for application fee waiver
- Free study materials to prepare for the test and interview.
Read More ?
Good speaking and written knowledge of English is essential to managing life in the United States. The Ghands Inc Organization runs English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes three times a week from Monday to Wednesday, 10:00 am-12:00 noon. The classes are open to all. We also offer Swahili language for translations and interpretations for Hospitals, Courts, Immigration, and law enforcement.
Read More ?
Africans In Minnesota – An Oral History
This unique project highlights some of the experiences and contributions of African immigrants and refugees in Minnesota.
Visit Website ?
Ghands Inc Voices Podcast
African Voices offers the African community in Minnesota an opportunity to have their voices heard:
- Offers a platform for members of the community to publicize their work, events and issues. We want to create solidarity among all migrants to the United States by providing a space for people to share experiences and knowledge.
- Provide an information channel for advice on critical issues – from leadership workshops to citizenship seminars and instruction on how to obtain health-care benefits. In addition to contacting us by phone, coming into our office or visiting our website, you can now get some information about these issues by listening to our podcast.
- Connect our listeners to the personalities in our communities through storytelling and music. We hope our interviewees’ stories will educate, enlighten and entertain you.
Visit Website ?
Ghands Inc's summit
Ghands Inc's annual summit is a premier forum in the Midwest with a special focus on contemporary African issues, policy advocacy and community empowerment. It brings together scholars, legislators, community activists, policy analysts and students to engage in constructive dialogue about Africa and the Diaspora.
African Youth Network
Inspires and promotes positive vision and civic engagement among African immigrant and refugee youth through awareness about their challenges and needs, and promotes youth empowerment.
Family Support Program
Assists individuals and families gain access to safety-net programs that support personal and family well-being, and economic self-sufficiency including;
- Medical Assistance (Medicaid/Medicare, All Kids, Care Link)
- Nutritional Assistance (Link Card, WIC, Food Pantries)
- Education (Childcare, After-school etc)
- Disability Benefits, Social Security/Supplemental Income Utility Assistance (LIHEAP), etc.
Through interpretation, outreach, education and advocacy, our family support programs combats some of the most common barriers African immigrants and refugees face when navigating the American system; Not knowing where to get the information needed, misinformation, inability to communicate in English, and other cultural-specific barriers.
Ghands Inc assist individuals with:
- Resume Writing,
- Job Applications,
- Job Readiness-Interview Skills,
- and empowerment
Ghands Inc advocates on policies that support, and strengthens immigrant families. We also provide information, assistance, and referrals on immigration related issues.
Health Education Program
Ghands Inc organizes and advocates to end health disparities; and we promote the well-being and good health of the African community in Minnesota
Ghands Language Bank