Making the decision to become a U.S. citizen is one of the most important decisions in an individual life. Ghands, Inc. in collaboration with the New Americans initiative holds a workshop every month to assist eligible applicants with their citizenship applications. You are eligible to apply to become a U.S. Citizen, if you have been a Legal Permanent Resident (Green card Holder) for at least 5 years, (or) 3 years and you are married to a U.S. Citizen.
Check Our Calendar
At the workshop applicants will receive:
- Free legal Consultation with an Immigration attorney
- Free information and assistance with applying for application fee waiver
- Free assistance to complete the application for Naturalization
- Free information on preparing for the Citizenship interview
Applicants may qualify to apply for Citizenship at no cost if:
- Your family receives public benefits (Link, Medicaid, SSI, TANF)
- Your income is equal to or less than 150% of the FPL as listed in the table.
Household Size Yearly Income
1 - $ 17,235
2 – $ 23,265
3 - $ 29,295
4 – $ 35,325
5 - $ 41,355
6 – $ 47,385
7 – $ 53,415
8 - $ 59,455
Documents Needed to Apply
You can shine a beam of light, in those moments, when those on the pathway to citizenship are afraid to reach out, do not know who to reach out to, or cannot afford to reach out. By Committing your time, you can play an important role assisting others to become U.S. citizens and participate in our democracy.
You’ll be working with some of the best volunteers and attorneys, who’ll be assisting with basics like – registering applicants, ushering, assisting with filling forms, getting needed documents together, to legal consultation with an Immigration attorney, completing N-400 naturalization application forms, and fee waiver forms.
If you’ve been looking for a way to play a bigger part in the Community, the Citizenship Workshop is where you need to be.